Monday, December 12, 2005

New camera, workshops and channels

After 3 years I decided to buy a new camera. We've got a short holiday in the highlands of Scotland coming up, and couple that with a special podcast I'm producing on Friday that will be enhanced, I thought it a good idea to get a new camera.

I picked up a Konica Minolta DiMage E500 for under £120, which is fairly cheap for a 5 megapixel camera. Obviously it isn't loaded with features, most notably it's missing a view finder, so you're stuck with the LCD - a huge battery drain. But it does that job. Shutter lag is a teeeny bit of an issue, but I'm getting the hang of it.

My old camera, an Olympus C120 (I think) was 2 megapixel and lasted 3 years, took great pics and is now in the custody of my mother-in-law.

Here's a quick sample of the new camera's work.On Thursday I'm holding a workshop in Adelaides, Bath Street, Glasgow. It's not open to the public as such, but I hope to record it and make it available here as a podcast.
Topics will include 'down-time' verses 'sit-down-time', making people come to you verses reaching out to people.

There's every chance that, through time, the tartanpodcast will add channels. These channels will be seperate feeds that can be subscribed to. Of course, the tartanpodcast as it currently stands will continue - 2 or 3 shows a week, including the sleepy sunday show etc. But there's potential for me to add other channels pertaining to different topics.

We'll see how it pans out.

On Friday I'm producing a special one-off podcast for Caledonian University. They're building a big, new, hi-tech building which is due to open in January. The podcast will be a sound-seeing tour of the building and will be made available as an enhanced podcast which will include pictures of the various cool new elements of this building.

It's both a showcase of the University and a showcase of what I can offer organisations such as the university...therefore I'm doing it free of charge. A one-time-only deal...

Again, this will be made available via the tartanblog.

You can post feedback here, if you so wish!

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New cameras are always a fun thing to have. Looks like you were up nice and early today to play with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home